India Post GDS Salary 2022
India Post GDS Salary 2022: India Post is a statutory body under the ownership of the Department of Post, part of the Ministry of Communications of the Government of India. The Post Office of India has published various vacancies for eligible candidates to submit their online applications for 38926 Gramin Dak Sevak vacancies. Candidates who are preparing for the exam are also entitled to know the India Post GDS Salary including their pay scale, structure, promotion, increments, and allowances. The applications are invited for the posts under the India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 are Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster, and Assistant Branch Postmaster Posts. Let us now discuss the India Post GDS Salary for each of the posts in detail.
India Post GDS Salary 2022 – Overview
The GDS Salary is known as Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA). The eligible candidates for the India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 must have a look at the GDS Salary. The salary structure for different posts under the Recruitment is tabulated below.
|India Post GDS Salary 2022|
|Conducting Body||Post Office of India|
|Post||Gramin Dak Sevak, BM & ABM|
|No of Vacancy||38926|
|Basic Pay for BP Posts||Rs.12,000/-|
|Basic Pay for Gramin Dak Sevak/ ABPM||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Official Site||indiapost.gov.in or appost.in/gdsonline|
India Post GDS Salary Structure 2022
The annual package for the GDS for the different posts is different. This includes the basic salary at different levels as well as all the other benefits. The annual package for an employee on the post of Branch Post Master usually ranges from Rs. 1,44,000, while for other posts ranges from Rs. 1,20,000. The salary structure for all the posts is tabulated below.
|India Post GDS Salary Structure 2022|
|Category||Minimum TRCA for 4
Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab
|Minimum TRCA for 5
hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab
|BPM||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 14,500|
|ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs. 10,000||Rs 12,000|
India Post GDS Salary – Perks & Allowance
Apart from the salary, the Gramin Dak Sevak staff also enjoy major perks & allowances which are tabulated below.
|Nature of Allowance||Revised allowances under the 7th pay commission|
|Office Maintenance Allowance (OMA)||₹ 100 per month for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster|
|Fixed Stationery Charge||₹ 25 p.m. for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster and ₹ 10 for other categories of GDS like GDS Mail Deliverer/ Stamp vendor and Mail Carrier doing delivery work|
|Boat Allowance||Actual charges paid to the Boatman subject to a maximum of ₹ 50 per month for Conveyance of Mail|
|Cash Conveyance Allowance||₹ 50 per month|
|Cycle Maintenance Allowance (C.M.A)||₹ 60 per month for GDS Mail Deliverer/Mail Carrier who use their own cycle for discharge of Duty. Present Minimum Distance Condition of 10 kilometres for grant of Cycle maintenance allowance stands withdrawn|
|Combined Duty Allowance (CDA) for Branch Postmasters.||1. GDS Branch Postmasters performing delivery or conveyance duties or both will be paid ₹ 500 P.M. for each item of work separately
2. If the Branch Postmaster is performing delivery at the BO village only, it will be restricted to ₹ 250 P.M.
3. BPM exchanging Mails at the Bus stand or at Railway Stations will be compensated at the rate of ₹ 250 P.M.
India Post GDS Salary 2022 – Job Profile
The candidates who will be selected in the GDS as BPM, ABPM and Dak Sevak will have to perform certain job roles. The Job profile for the various posts has been discussed below.
Branch Post Master Job Profile
- The branch will be headed by the BPM. That is, the tasks to be performed in his/her branch should be administered by the BPM.
- It is the responsibility of the Branch Post Master to promote government schemes such as Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, Money Depositing, etc., and to try to open the maximum number of accounts in his branch and take care of the entire postal work of Gram Panchayat.
- It is also the responsibility of the BPM to look after money orders, book posts, speed posts, etc.
Assistant Branch Post Master Job Profile
- ABM has to report to BP of the office. The ABPM is involved in all fundamental functions, such as the sale of stamps and stationery, transmission and delivery of mail, IPPB deposits/payments/other transactions, and assisting Branch Post Masters in counter-tasks using the Department’s handheld devices/smartphones.
- ABPM also takes involvement in marketing, business procurement, and any other work assigned accompanied by the Branch Postmaster or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising Authorities
- It is also necessary for the Assistant Branch Postmaster to perform BPM Combined Duty as and when ordered.
Gramin Dak Sevak Job Profile
- Dak Sevak is involved in all functions, such as the sale of stamps and stationery, the transport and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned to the Departmental Post Offices/RMS by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster, including IPPB.
- In managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and doing marketing, business procurement, or any other work assigned by supervising authorities, Dak Sevak must assist the Post Masters/Sub Postmasters.
- Gramin Dak Sevak has to participate in the work of Railway Mail Services (RMS), such as the closing/opening of bags, the transport of bags from one place to another, and any other work allocated by the RMS authorities.
India Post GDS Salary 2022 – FAQs
Q1. What is the Basic pay scale of India Post GDS 2022?
Ans. The Basis pay scale for India Posts GDS 2022 is ranging from 10,000 to 12,000 per month.
Q2. What is the job profile for the BM post in India Post GDS Recruitment 2022?
Ans. The job profile for the BM post in India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 is discussed in the article.