Latest KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 is updated. Check KAS Exam Pattern to crack Gazetted Probationers post. New KAS Exam Syllabus 2017 pdf uploaded. Download Karnataka Administrative Service Syllabus along with kpsc.kar.nic.in Exam Pattern to get selected for the KPSC KAS Exam.
- 1 KPSC KAS Exam Syllabus 2017 pdf & Exam Pattern for Gazetted Probationers
- 1.1 Details of KAS Gazetted Probationers Syllabus 2017 – kpsc.kar.nic.in KPSC Syllabus
- 1.2 kpsc.kar.nic.in
- 1.3 Karnataka Administrative Service Exam Pattern 2017 for Gazetted Probationers
- 1.4 KPSC KAS Exam Syllabus 2017 Pdf – Latest KPSC Exam Syllabus 2017
- 1.4.1 KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 for Preliminary Examination
- 1.4.2 KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 for Main Examination
KPSC KAS Exam Syllabus 2017 pdf & Exam Pattern for Gazetted Probationers
Recently Karnataka Public Service Commission has released KAS Exam Syllabus 2017. It is very good news to all the applicants of KAS recruitment. Candidates who have applied for the Gazetted Probationers exam should refer the KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 pdf. In addition to knowing the syllabus, it is also important to know the KPSC Exam Pattern. Hence we have provided the detailed information of KAS Gazetted Probationers exam syllabus for the sake of candidates.
If you are looking for the KPSC exam syllabus 2017, then you are on the right page. The KPSC KAS exam is going to be conducted by the Karnataka Public Service Commission. Since it is a state government job, there is a tough competition for the KAS exam. So the candidate follows the KPSC syllabus for KAS Exam 2017 and should prepare carefully for the KAS Gazetted Probationers Exam. You can check the complete details on the official website i.e. kpsc.kar.nic.in.
You can check the KPSC Exam Pattern 2017 in this article. If You are the one, who needs guidance to prepare for the KAS Exam. Then you should download the KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 pdf. Because the syllabus will pay a key role in the KPSC exam preparation.
Details of KAS Gazetted Probationers Syllabus 2017 – kpsc.kar.nic.in KPSC Syllabus
|Name of the Organization||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Name of the Post||Gazetted Probationers|
|No of Posts||401 Vacancies|
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
|Last Date to Apply||12th June 2017|
|Job Category||State Government Job|
- Preliminary Examination (Written Test)
- Main Examination (Written Test)
- Interview (Personality Test)
Karnataka Administrative Service Exam Pattern 2017 for Gazetted Probationers
Candidates must check the KAS exam pattern before going to the preparation. First of all, candidates have to check the exam pattern and then go to the KPSC Syllabus 2017 for KAS exam then you can get a clear idea about the KPSC question paper. You can also download the exam pattern at kpsc.kar.nic.in. By knowing the KPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2017, you can prepare a schedule for the Gazetted Probationers exam.
There are two written examinations for selecting the candidates to the personality test. One is prelims and the second one is mains. The KPSC KAS Gazetted Probationers exam pattern will be varied for prelims and mains. You can find out the detailed exam pattern for KAS exam in the following sections.
KPSC Exam Pattern for Gazetted Probationers Prelims exam @ kpsc.kar.nic.in
|Papers||Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper – 1||General studies related to National and International importance||40||80||2 Hours|
|Paper – 2||General studies related to State importance||40||80||2 Hours|
|General Science & Technology Environment & Ecology||30||60|
|General Mental Ability||30||60|
kpsc.kar.nic.in KPSC KAS Exam Pattern for Mains written test
|Papers||Name of the Subject||Total No of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper – 1||Essay||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 2||General Studies – 1||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 3||General Studies – 2||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 4||General Studies – 3||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 5||General Studies – 4||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 6||Optional Subject – 1||250||3 Hours|
|Paper – 7||Optional Subject – 2||250||3 Hours|
KPSC KAS Exam 2017 Paper Structure
- The KAS exam question paper will be set in both Kannada and English languages.
- You can prepare 10th standard General Mental Ability syllabus for the preliminary exam, and the remaining are of Graduation level.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- The number of candidates selected for the main examination will be 20 times the total number of vacancies.
- You should obtain minimum 35% in qualifying papers i.e. Kannada and English to get eligibility for the personality test.
- The preliminary examination will be in objective type while the main examination will be in descriptive type.
KPSC KAS Exam Syllabus 2017 Pdf – Latest KPSC Exam Syllabus 2017
The KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 is very helpful to you while preparing for the exam. By referring the syllabus, you will understand the main subjects that are to be the covered. So that, you can design a timetable according to the KAS Syllabus 2017. It is important to know the syllabus before going to the exam if you are seriously want to place in KPSC jobs. For that purpose, we have provided the complete details for KPSC Exam Syllabus in the below sections.
KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 for Preliminary Examination
Paper – I Exam syllabus for Karnataka Administrative services
- World Geography and Geography of India & Karnataka.
- National and International Importance & Current events.
- Indian polity and economy, including the rural development, country’s political system, poverty alleviation, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, demographics, social sector initiatives.
- Humanities – cultural, social, economic, and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with particular emphasis on Karnataka – History of India, etc..
Paper – II Syllabus – Karnataka KPSC Exam
- General Mental Ability, – Comprehension, Decision-making, Logical Reasoning and Analytical ability, data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc., (Class X/SSLC level), problem-solving and Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude, etc.,).
- Current events of important State Government programs and State importance.
- Environment & Ecology, General Science & Technology – contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday experience and observations. As may be expected of a well-educated candidate – the special study of any scientific discipline general issues on environmental ecology, Health, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.
KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 for Main Examination
- Content Integration.
- Word Usage.
- Content Compression.
- Word Knowledge (Vocabulary).
- Short Essay.
- Translation from English to Kannada.
- Precis writing.
- Comprehension of given passages.
- Communication Skills.
- Short Essay.
- Modern History of Indian Culture and India with particular reference to the Culture and History of Karnataka.
- Current events of International, National, and State importance.
- Indian Economy and Geography of India with Special reference to Karnataka Geography and Karnataka Economy.
- The role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India and Karnataka.
- Graphs, Diagrams, and Statistical Analysis.
- Indian Polity with the particular reference to Karnataka State.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Co-operation, and Sericulture.
- Political Science & International Relations.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Rural Development & Co-operation.
- Public Administration.
Check the complete syllabus to get Gazetted Probationers Post in the Karnataka Administrative Service. The KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 provided in this article is for only reference purpose. Furthermore, visit the official website of Karnataka Public Service Commission KAS i.e. kpsc.kar.nic.in.