PNB SO Syllabus 2022
PNB SO Syllabus 2022: Punjab National Bank has recently released the notification for the PNB SO Recruitment 2022 of specialist officers (Manager & Senior Manager) with 145 vacancies along with the complete syllabus. The first and foremost step for beginning with the preparation is to understand the PNB SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. To get shortlisted for the vacancies, the candidates have to qualify in Online Main Exam. In this article, we have discussed detailed PNB SO Exam Pattern 2022 and PNB SO Syllabus for Online Exam as notified by the commission.
PNB SO Syllabus 2022 Overview
PNB will conduct an MCQ test through the online mode for shortlisting the candidates for 145 vacancies released for specialist Officers. Here are some general details related to PNB SO Syllabus 2022. Have a look at the PNB SO 2022 Syllabus details as summed up in the below table.
|PNB SO Syllabus-Overview|
|Exam Conducting Body||Punjab National Bank|
|Exam Name||PNB SO EXAM 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Negative Marking||1/4 of marks assigned to the question|
|No. of Questions||170|
|Selection Process||Online Exam and Interview|
PNB SO 2022 Notification Out for 145 Vacancies- Click Here
PNB SO Exam Pattern 2022
Before proceeding ahead for PNB SO Syllabus, the candidates must be well aware of PNB SO Exam Pattern 2022. The Exam Pattern for PNB Manager and Senior Manager Posts is given below. The selection will be through Online Main Examination and Interview.
PNB SO Online Exam Pattern 2022
- The PNB SO exam will be held in online mode.
- The tests except for the Test of the English language will be available bilingually, i.e. in English and Hindi.
- There is a penalty of one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
The Online Test shall be as per following pattern:
|Parts||Name of the Test||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Part I||Reasoning||40||40||25 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||25 minutes|
|Part II||Quantitative aptitude||40||40||25 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||50||100||45 minutes|
PNB SO Interview 2022
- The candidates who will qualify for the written test for PNB SO will be eligible to appear for the PNB SO.
- The total marks allotted for the Interview are 25.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 45% i.e.11.25 for SC/ST candidates & 50% i.e. 12.5 for other candidates.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of aggregate scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination and Interview.
- Interview scores of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Examination and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for the subsequent provisional allotment process.
PNB SO Syllabus
The syllabus for PNB SO Online Main Examination has been section-wise discussed below.
PNB SO Syllabus for Reasoning
- Series Completion
- Verification of truth of the Statement
- Situation Reaction Test
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Puzzle Test
- Blood Relations
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Operations of Mathematics
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Sequence
- Missing Characters
- Sequential Output training
- Test on Alphabets
- Eligibility Test
- Dot Situation
- Identical figure groupings
- Forming figures and analysis
- Construction of Squares and Triangles
- Analytical Reasoning
- Paper Folding
- Paper Cutting
- Cubes and Dice
- Water Images
- Mirror Images
- Figure Matrix
- Completion Incomplete Pattern
- Spotting embedded figures
- Rules Detection
PNB SO Syllabus for English
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Antonyms and their correct usage
- Common Error
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Comprehension Passage
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Passage
- Fill in the Blanks
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Improvement of Sentences
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
PNB SO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and Work Partnership
- Ratio and Proportion
- Boats and Streams
- Simple Interest
- Time and Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Races and Games
- Numbers and Ages
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Equations
- Problems on Numbers
- Indices and Surds
- Compound Interest
- Odd Man Out
- Quadratic Equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simplification and Approximation
PNB SO 2022 Qualifying marks
Candidates have to qualify for all the Tests of Part-I. The part-II i.e. professional knowledge test scores will be considered only for those candidates who qualify in each paper in Part-I. Minimum qualifying marks in each individual Test will be decided by the Bank.
Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks as decided by the Bank in Part-I will be considered for shortlisting for Interview on the basis of merit prepared as per marks obtained by them in Part-II i.e. Professional Knowledge Test.
FAQs – PNB SO Syllabus 2022
Q. What is the duration of the PNB SO Online Mains Exam?
Ans. The duration of the PNB SO Mains Exam is 2 hours.
Q. Is there any negative marking for PNB SO Exam 2022?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks assigned tp each question for each incorrect answer.
Q. What is the selection process for PNB SO posts?
Ans. The candidates will be shortlisted through Online Mains Exam and Interview.