Download Latest SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 Pdf. Staff Selection Commission CGL 2018 Syllabus is updated now. Know SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Tier 1, 2, 3, 4. Refer SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2018 for better preparation. Candidates who applied for the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2018 will be searching for the Syllabus and Exam Pattern. All such candidates have visited the right page. Therefore, go through the below sections and read the entire article. Then you can find the detailed and complete Syllabus of SSC CGL Exam 2018.
Fresh Updates: Recently Staff Selection Commision CGL notification is released on 05th May 2018. Check the SSC CGL Exam Dates of Tier – I in the below sections. Also, get the SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the following sections. Check it out!!
<< Download SSC JE Exam Syllabus >>
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 Pdf Download
The Staff Selection Commission has recently released an SSC CGL Recruitment Notification for the graduates & freshers. Therefore candidates must start their preparation after the Application Process by using SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus. Candidates who prepare well between the notification publication and the preliminary examination then they can crack the exam easily. And also they should work harder to get better marks in the exam by referring the Staff Selection Commission CGL Syllabus 2018 & Exam pattern. For more details regarding SSC Combined Graduate Level Syllabus, go to the official site www.ssc.nic.in.
<< Download SSC CHSL Syllabus >>
Every year Combined Graduate Level exam is conducted by the staff selection commission for filling up the vacancies in various govt departments/ ministries. And the Applicants will be selected based on their performance on four tiers i.e., tier 1, 2, 3, 4. A massive number of graduate will appear for this exam but only a few are able to qualify in all the tier exams. So to qualify in the examination, candidates should prepare according to the SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 for perfect and better preparation.
www.ssc.nic.in Combined Graduate Level Syllabus 2018 for Tier 1, 2, 3,4
|Staff Selection Commission CGL Tier 1 Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018|
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level|
|Total No. of Vacancies||Various|
|SSC CGL Notification Release Date||05 May 2018|
|Online Application starting date||06 May 2018|
|Last date to submit CGL 2018 Application form||04 June 2018|
|Job Category||Central Govt|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018 @ www.ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2018 comprises of four Tiers i.e., Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 and Tier 4. All these four Tiers are equally important, so applicants need to Qualify in each of these Tier’s individually and the Final selection comprises of performance in all three tiers.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|SL. No||Parts||Subject Names||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Part – A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|2||Part – B||General Awareness||50||50|
|3||Part – C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|4||Part – D||English Comprehension||50||50|
<< Download SSC MTS Syllabus >>
Staff Selection Commission CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|SL. No||Papers||Subject Names||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1.||I||Arithmetical Ability/ Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 hours|
|2.||II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|For Statistical Investigators Group 2|
|3.||III||Commerce/ Mathematics Statistics/ Economics||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper Pattern
- In SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam consists of 3 Papers.
- Candidates who applied for Income tax officer/ Inspector, SI in CBI etc have to attend only Paper 1 & 2.
- People who applied for statistical investigators group 2 & compilers have to attend Paper 3 along with Paper 1 & 2.
- Aspirants who applied for Sub-Inspector in Central Police Organisations have to attend only Paper 2 i..e., English Paper.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 3 Test Pattern
|Examination Mode||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|Pen & Paper||Descriptive Paper in English/ Hindi (writing of Essay /Precis /Letter /Application Writing etc.||100||60 minutes|
<< Download SSC Constable GD Syllabus >>
SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper
- CGL Tier 3 is a descriptive paper i.e., pen and paper mode.
- The Question Paper will be in both English and Hindi languages.
- This Paper consists of Essay Writing (200 to 250 words), Letter Writing (150 to 200 words).
- Duration of the Exam is 1 hour.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 33% only.
SSC CGL Test Pattern 2018 for tier 4
|SL. No||Type of Test||Name of the Subject|
|1.||DEST (Data Entry Skill Test) or CPT (Computer Proficiency Test)||Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for Post of Assistant Section Officer|
|2.||Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depression/hour for Tax Assistant Post|
SSC CGL Tier 4 Paper
- Candidates who qualified in Tier I, Tier II and Tier III exam will further be called for Tier IV.
- The CGL Tier-4 consists of Data Entry Skill and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
- Tax Assistant vacancy applicants have to attend in the Skill Test.
- The Assistant Section Officer applicants have to attend the Computer Proficiency Test.
<< Download SSC Stenographer Syllabus >>
Staff Selection Commission CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
Knowing the SSC CGL Syllabus and exam pattern in advance will help to boost your preparation for the Combined Graduate level examination. Each Tier has its own Syllabus, Weightage, and Duration. but Tier-2 Carries the maximum weight age of 400 Marks. Now, we are discussing each of the Tiers with respect to their Staff Selection Commission Syllabus, CGL Pattern, and Scheme of Exam.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Paper Scheme
- There is a deduction of 0.5 Marks for each wrong answer in Tier 1 & Tier 2 Examinations.
- The Final Merit is based on overall performance in tier 1, tier 2, tier 3.
- The Candidates must qualify in all the tiers separately.
- Therefore there are no sectional cut off marks.
Staff Selection Commission CGL 2018 Exam Dates
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||25th July 2018 to 20th August 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date||Update Soon|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Date||Update Soon|
|SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier IV Exam Date 2018||Update Soon|
SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2018 Pdf @ www.ssc.nic.in
Candidates who are going to attend the Combined Graduate Level Examination should prepare well for the Exam. Because there will be a huge competition for this examination. So many candidates will have a fear to face this competition. So to help such candidates our team www.sarkariresults.io gathered complete SSC CGL Syllabus and provided in this article. Therefore candidates are suggested to follow each every topic given under the Syllabus of SSC CGL 2018.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus 2018 – General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning etc.
Weightage for General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics
|3||Coding Decoding||2-3 Qs|
|6||Word formation||0-1 Qs|
|7||Arranging words in Logical order or Dictionary order||1-2 Qs|
|8||Venn diagram||1-3 Qs|
|9||Directions & Distances||0-1 Qs|
|10||Blood Relations||0-1 Qs|
|11||Missing Number||1-2 Qs|
|13||Non-Verbal Reasoning||3-4 Qs|
|14||Verbal Reasoning||0-1 Qs|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 – General Awareness
It includes the questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to
- Economic Scene
- General Policy
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research etc.
Weightage for General Awareness Topics
|Topics||Types of questions||Weightage|
|Reading Comprehension||Passages based on any topics. Sometimes vocabulary questions are asked on commonly used words.||5 Qs (1 passage)|
|Fill in the Blanks||A mix of grammar and vocabulary based questions. Important topics: Phrasal verbs, conjunctions, prepositions, tenses, usage in context, confusable words||0-5 Qs|
|Spellings||choose the correctly spelt word or the misspelt word from different words||0-2 Qs|
|Phrase or Idiom Meaning||The meaning of the phrase or idiom can be asked in a sentence||0-2 Qs|
|One Word Substitution||Substitute one word for the phrase given||3-5 Qs|
|Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction||A mix of grammar and vocabulary Based questions||5 Qs|
|Error Spotting||Tenses, Subject-Verb Agreement, Article-Noun Agreement, Correct Part of Speech, Correct use of Prepositions, Parallelism, Phrasal Verbs, Sentence Construction, Degree of Comparison, Correct use of different parts of speech.||3-5 Qs|
|Static GK||Culture, Indian History, Geography (Indian + World), Environment, Economy, Polity||14 Qs|
|Science||Biology, Chemistry, Physics + Space Science, Computer & Mobile Technology, Diseases, Pollution & Nutrition||9 Qs|
|Others||Current Affairs, Sports, People in News, Books & Authors, Important Dates, Schemes, Portfolios.||2 Qs|
SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus – Numerical Aptitude
- Computation of whole numbers
- Decimals and fractions
- Relationships between numbers.
- Time work & wages
- Boat & Stream
- CI & SI
- LCM & HCF
- Profit loss & Discount
- Problems on Ages
- Speed time and work
- Ratio Proportion.
Weightage of Numerical Aptitude Topics
|4||Ratio and Proportion||1-2 Qs|
|6||Problems on Ages||0-1 Qs|
|7||Speed Time And Distance||1-2 Qs|
|8||Profit and Loss||1-2 Qs|
|9||Number Series||0-1 Qs|
|10||Number System||1-2 Qs|
|12||Data Interpretation||0-3 Qs|
|13||Time and Work||1-2 Qs|
|14||Mixture problems||0-1 Qs|
SSC Combined Graduate Level Syllabus 2018 – English Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- One word substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Errors
- Antonym/ Synonym
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words etc.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2018
- Probability, Probability Distributions, Binomial, Poisson, Normal, Exponential.
- Collection and Representation of Data.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- Correlation and Regression.
- Measures of Dispersion.
- Sampling Theory.
- Analysis of Variance.
- Time Series Analysis.
- Probability Theory.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions.
- Statistical Inference.
- Index Numbers.
- Demand and Supply Analysis, including Laws and Interaction of Demand and Supply.
- Production Function and Laws of Returns.
- Commodity Pricing – Characteristics of various Market Forms and Price Determination under such
- Theory of Factor Pricing – Rent, Wage, Interest and Profit.
- Theory of Employment – Classical and Neo-classical Approach.
- Keynesian Theory of Employment
- Nature and Functions of Money, Value of Money, Fluctuations in the value of Money – Inflation and Deflation, Monetary Policy, Index Number.
- International Trade
- Foreign Exchange
- Public Finance
- Deficit Financing.
- Fiscal Policy.
Indian Economics and General Statistics for SSC CGL Syllabus
- Statistical Investigation
- The collection of data and editing of data.
- Types of sampling.
- Schedule and questionnaire.
- Presentation of data – classification, tabulation, etc.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- National Income and Accounting
- Agricultural sector
- Industrial Policy and Industrial Development
- Problems of Economic Development.
- Profile of Human Resources.
- New Economic Policy and Welfare Schemes.
- Indian Public Finance – Indian Revenue, Foreign Aid.
- Indian Banking and Currency system.
SSC CGL Maths Syllabus 2018
- Algebra of Matrices
- Analytic Geometry
- Differential Equation
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Business Organisation
- Indian Economics
- Business Statistics
- Business Law
- Company Law
- Cost accounting
- Income Tax
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus 2018
How to use the SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam syllabus?
- The provided Syllabus & Exam Pattern shows the order to attempt questions in the examination.
- Here, we have not specified the priority for exam preparation, So candidates need to attempt the questions as per given Model in the exam.
- Prepare for the SSC CGL examination as per the Weightage.
- Initially, Start the preparation by making a perfect schedule and Distribute the time as per the topic weight age by referring the SSC CGL Syllabus.
- Later, prepare a timetable as per the listed topics.
Download SSC CGL Tier 1, 2, 3 Syllabus 2018 Pdf
People who are going to appear the CGL exam can check the complete SSC CGL Syllabus 2018. And also can check the SSC CGL Exam Pattern which is mentioned in the above sections for tier 1, 2, 3, 4. We have also given the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Syllabus Pdf link which is attached below.
For more information, visit www.ssc.nic.in