SSC MTS Syllabus
SSC MTS Syllabus 2022: The Staff Selection Commission is the body responsible for conducting the Multi-Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Recruitment. The candidates who are interested in this recruitment should begin with their preparation for the upcoming examinations. In this article, we have provided with SSC MTS Syllabus for the Exam going to conduct in 2022 to help you for a better start. SSC MTS 2022 online application is expected to begin on 22 March 2022. Stay tuned with us for every latest update for SSC MTS Syllabus 2022.
The SSC MTS Syllabus consists of the following two papers
- SSC MTS Paper I: Objective Type test
- SSC MTS Paper-II: Descriptive test
This article includes the SSC MTS Syllabus as well as Exam Pattern along with the number of questions expected from each topic, the weightage of these questions, and how to approach them.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for SS MTS 2022 is given below for Paper I, the first stage of the Examination. SSC MTS Paper I will have for sections: || General English General Intelligence and Reasoning Numerical Aptitude General Awareness ||
SSC MTS Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences
- Space Visualization
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Figure Classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Arithmetical Computation
- Analytical Functions, etc.
SSC MTS Syllabus For Numerical Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Number System
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between Numbers
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Use Of Tables and Graphs
- Time And Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
SSC MTS Syllabus For General Awareness
Current events and India’s recent economic and social policies. Candidates should also keep themselves updated on India’s relations/agreements with the neighboring countries. Apart from that, candidates should cover the following topics:
- Indian Constitution
- Award-Winning Books
- History, Culture
- Awards and Honors
- Economy and Polity
- Current Affairs, Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Important Financial
SSC MTS Syllabus For the English Language
Comprehension, Active/Passive Voice, Direct/Indirect Speech, Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, and its correct usage, Phrases, and Idioms.
SSC MTS Selection Process
To get a fair idea about SSC MTS 2022 Syllabus, it is necessary to know the exam pattern for the same. SSC Multi Tasking Staff Exam is conducted for two papers – Paper I and Paper-II. Paper I consists of objective-type multiple-choice questions while Paper II has descriptive questions.
The candidates will have to clear the cut-off for SSC MTS Paper I to appear for Paper-II. SSC MTS Paper I is crucial from the point of selection as an MTS.
Paper-II is only qualifying in nature. However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate score equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For Paper 1
SSC MTS 2022 Notification will be released by SSC on 22nd March 2022 (tentatively).
- The SSC MTS 2022 Paper I will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi language, except the English section.
- There are 100 questions in Paper I of 1 mark each.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong attempt by the candidate. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- The total duration of SSC MTS Paper I is 90 minutes for the general candidates while 120 Minutes for PwD candidates.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||General English||25||25||General- 90 MinutesPwD- 120 Minutes|
|II||General Intelligence & reasoning||25||25|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For Paper 2
The candidates who will clear SSC MTS Paper I will be called to appear for Paper-II.
- The SSC MTS Paper-II will be qualifying in nature.
- However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate score equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
- SSC MTS Paper-II will be pen and paper mode paper which will be descriptive in nature.
- The Paper will be set in Hindi, English, and other languages mentioned in the VIIIth Schedule of the Constitution.
- The maximum mark is 50 marks.
- The duration of SSC MTS Paper-II is 30 minutes for the General Category and 40 minutes for the PwD Category of candidates
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam|
|One short essay/letter in English
or any other language included in the 8thschedule of the constitution
|50 marks||30 Minutes|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2022: FAQ’s
Q. When will SSC MTS Exam 2022 be conducted?
Ans. SSC MTS Exam 2022 will be conducted for two Papers. Paper, I will be held in June 2022 while Paper-II dates are yet to be announced.
Q. Is there any negative marking in SSC MTS Paper?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 in Paper I for an incorrect answer. Paper-II will be qualifying in nature only.
Q. What is the syllabus for SSC MTS Paper I?
Ans. SSC MTS Paper I will have four sections: General English, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness.
Q. What is the syllabus for SSC MTS Paper-II?
Ans. A short essay is to be written or letter in English or any language included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution.
Q. Is SSC MTS conducted online or offline?
Ans. SSC MTS Exam is conducted in two parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is MCQ-based and will be conducted online while Paper 2 will be the descriptive test and will be conducted in pen and paper mode.