UPSC CSE 2023 Notification, UPSC has released an advertisement for CSE Notification 2023, candidates Can Check UPSC CSE 2023 Details, and UPSC CSE Online form before 21 February 2023, UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains Exam Date Schedule 2023
The UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 is one the most attempted and important exams held in India. It takes place in 3 steps- Prelims, Mains & Interview. The UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 will take place on 28thMay, 2023. We will share various details associated with the UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023. Thus, all the candidates must read this article.
Overview of UPSC CSE 2023:
|Date of Exam||May 28, 2023||September 15, 2023, to September 19, 2023|
|Number of Papers||2||9|
|Exam Duration||2 hours each||3 hours each|
|Examination Medium||Hindi & English||Hindi & English (except language paper)|
|Marks counted in merit||No||Yes|
Important Dates of UPSC CSE 2023:
|Date of Notification Release||1st February 2023|
|Start date for the registration process||1st February 2023|
|Last date for the registration process||21st February 2023|
|Date of Prelims Exam||28th May 2023|
About the notification and registration process:
The notification for the UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 will be released on 1st February, 2023 and the registration process will continue up to 21st February, 2023.
UPSC CSE 2023 Exam Pattern of Prelims:
The exam pattern of UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 is as follows-
Govt Job Update & Exam Notes के लिए फॉर्म भरे
UPSC IAS मुख्य परीक्षा मे इन 10 Subjects मे मिलते सबसे ज्यादा नंबर मिलते है
UPSC IAS Exam की तैयारी घर पर बैठकर कैसे करें
UPSC IAS की तैयारी कैसे करे
Insights of IAS Preparation
|Paper||Subjects||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Paper I||General Studies||200||100||2 hours (09:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)|
|Paper II||CSAT||200||80||2 hours (02:30 p.m. to 04:30 p.m.)|
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 marks.
- No marks will be deducted for any unanswered question.
- In Paper I, each question will carry 2 marks and 0.66 marks will be deducted.
- In Paper II, each question will carry 2.5 marks and 0.833 marks will be deducted.
- Marks of prelims exam will not be a part of final result.
- Paper II will be qualifying in nature and candidates must score 33 per cent marks in this paper.
Exam Pattern of CSE Mains Exam 2023:
|Paper A||One of the Indian Languages||300 marks|
|Paper B||English||300 marks|
Papers included in the Merit-
|Paper I||Essay||250 marks|
|Paper II||General Studies I||250 marks|
|Paper III||General Studies II||250 marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||250 marks|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||250 marks|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject Paper I||250 marks|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject Paper II||250 marks|
Personality Test- 275 marks
Grand Total- 2025 marks
- Candidates must score at least 25 percent in the qualifying papers, that is, they must score 75 marks.
- Candidates must choose any one subject for Paper VI & VII as optional subjects.
- Candidates can answer in either English or any one Indian language.
- Marks of 7 papers will be included in the merit.
Languages and their scripts included in the Paper B of the Mains Exam:
|Sindhi||Devanagari or Arabic|
|Santhali||Olchiki or Devanagari|
List of optional subjects for the Mains Exam:
The following are the optional subjects for UPSC Mains Exam-
- Civil Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Public Administration
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Political Science & International Relations
- Any one language among Indian Languages and English Literatures
Some important information regarding the exam:
Some important UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 related information are given below-
- The candidate must obtain at least 25% marks in the language papers of English and regional languages in the main exam.
- The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- The grade of the students will depend on essays, optional papers and general studies assignments in a course.
- The candidates who belong to the north-eastern states of India do not require to give the exam of Indian languages paper.
Application Process of UPSC CSE 2023:
The candidates will be able to apply for the recruitment by following the below mentioned process-
- Candidates should visit upsconline.nic.in.
- Then, they must do registration and start filling up the application form.
- After that, they should provide scanned copies of all the required documents. The candidates must submit any one of the following ID cards-
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Any other Photo ID Proof
- Next, they should make payment of application fee for completing the application form fill up.
- The application must be submitted within the last date.
- The candidates should try to fill up the application form at the earliest so that they can get their preferred exam center as it follows first apply first allot policy.
UPSC CSE 2023 Prelims Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus for UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 has been given below-
Syllabus for paper 1:
General studies paper syllabus-
- Current affairs
- Indian geography
- History of India
- World geography
- Indian national movement
- Economic and social development
- Indian polity and governance
- General science
- General issues on environmental ecology
Syllabus for paper 2:
- Interpersonal skills
- General mental ability
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Analytical Ability
- Logical reasoning
- Basic numeracy
Mains Exam Syllabus for UPSC CSE 2023:
The syllabus of Mains Exam has been provided below-
Syllabus for language papers-
- Essay- 100 marks
- Presses writing- 60 marks
- Comprehension- 60 marks
- Grammar and basic language usage – 40 marks
- Translation- 40 marks
General studies I syllabus-
- Indian heritage
- Indian culture
- Indian history
- Indian geography
- World geography
- Indian Society
General studies II syllabus-
- Indian constitution
- State legislatures
- International relations
- Social justice
General studies III syllabus-
- Disaster management
- Economic development
General studies IV syllabus-
- Ethics and human interface
- Human value
- Emotional intelligence
- Probity in governance
- Case studies
- Public or civil service values
- Ethics in public administration
- Contributions of philosophers and moral thinkers
UPSC CSE 2023 Interview Schedule :
The interview process has been mentioned below-
- The candidates who will qualify the mains exam will then be called for the interview round.
- Questions regarding national and international current affairs, mental ability, aptitude, about the region from which the candidate belongs, etc. will be asked during the interview which comprises of 275 marks.
- Interview is taken with the view to choose correct candidates having appropriate responsibility and accountability along with smartness so that they can handle such a prestigious post.
Emoluments, salary and perks:
A lucrative salary along with emoluments and perks are provided to those candidates who are chosen as Civil Service Officers.
UPSC CSE 2023 Result:
The result will be released in the form of merit list after a few days of the exam. It will be released on the official website. The following details will be required for availing the result-
- Name of the candidate
- Roll No. of the candidate
We hope that this article will prove informative enough for you. Kindly share your opinions about this article through your precious comments.
FAQs for UPSC CSE 2023 Notification
Which subject has the least curriculum?
Among optional subjects, Philosophy has the least curriculum.
How many optional subjects are there in the exam?
There are total 48 optional subjects in the exam.
Which books are best for the preparation of the exam?
NCERT Books are best for the preparation of the exam.
When will the exam take place?
The exam will take place on 28th May 2023.
Are the syllabus different for the Prelims and Mains Exam?
Yes, the syllabus is different for the Prelims and Mains Exam.
Can any subject be chosen as an optional subject even if it is not being studied by the candidates in their UG or PG Course?
Yes, any subject can be chosen as an optional subject even if it is not being studied by the candidates in their UG or PG courses.
Is an attempt in prelims will be considered an attempt in CSE?
Yes of course, an attempt in prelims will be considered an attempt in CSE.